03/21/2016 12:36 PM
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – The Kansas City T-Bones announced that single-game tickets for the 2016 season go on sale this week. Wyandotte County residents can begin purchasing tickets on Tuesday, March 22, while all fans can purchase tickets on Thursday, March 24, for all 2016 exhibition and regular-season games at CommunityAmerica Ballpark, including Opening Day on May 19 against Texas.
During the 50-game regular-season schedule, the T-Bones will play host to each American Association team at least once, including two series against Lincoln (May 23-25 and Aug. 8-10), one against Wichita (June 6-8) and two against Joplin (June 10-13 and June 21-23). Kansas City has four seven-game homestands — its longest stint at home in 2016.
As has become a tradition for the T-Bones, the team will be at home during the Independence Day weekend, as it plays host to St. Paul, July 1-3. The T-Bones will close out the regular season at home on Labor Day weekend with four games against Sioux Falls, Sept. 2-5.
Monday-Saturday games are still 7:05 p.m. starts but the Sunday games will be moved to 1:05 p.m. The following are exceptions:
• June 8 and 22 (Wednesdays) — School Day games — 11:05 a.m. starts
• July 3 and Sept. 4 (holiday Sundays) — 7:05 p.m. starts
• Sept. 5 (Labor Day) — 1:05 p.m. start
Some of the highlights throughout the season:
• Friday, May 13 (exhibition game) vs. Winnipeg — Lauren Chamberlain, the all-time NCAA softball home run leader from the University of Oklahoma now playing with the USSSA Pride of the National Pro Fastpitch league, will be at the game for a home run derby and other fun activities to promote NPF games at CommunityAmerica Ballpark later this summer — 7:05 p.m. first pitch
• June 7, June 21 and Aug 23 — “T-Shirt Tuesdays” — all three games start at 7:05 p.m.
• Friday, June 10 vs. Joplin — Negro Leagues Baseball Night — the T-Bones and the Blasters will wear replica uniforms of the Monarchs and the Joplin Night Owls, sponsored by Charlie Hustle. Each uniform will then be auctioned following the game to benefit the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum — 7:05 p.m. first pitch
• Sunday, June 12 vs. Joplin — Frank White Youth Pre-Game Baseball Clinic — fans from the ages of 6-15 can participate in a one-hour pre-game baseball clinic conducted by Royals Hall of Fame player and T-Bones coach Frank White, from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. — first pitch at 1:05 p.m.
The complete 100-game schedule is attached or can be seen at www.tbonesbaseball.com/schedule.
The current promotions schedule can be seen here.
Tickets for all 50 home games, plus the six exhibition contests, will be available by visiting the Providence Medical Center Box Office at CommunityAmerica Ballpark or by calling 913-328-5618.