11/28/2013 6:30 AM
Read nearly any newspaper – actual paper or online – today and you’re bound to come across a column about things for which that particular columnist is thankful. Well, here at tbonesbaseball.com, we thought it’d be fun for members of the front office to share of few things we’re thankful for.
So, in alphabetical order (after the first three), this year we’re especially thankful for...
Adam Ehlert, President
1. A supportive community.
2. A more supportive wife.
3. Good doctors.
Chris Browne, Vice-President/General Manager
1. The love and support of friends and family.
3. ANY day at CommunityAmerica Ballpark!
John Massarelli, Manager
1. Besides my family, I am thankful for the opportunity to manage the Kansas City T-Bones.
2. I'm thankful, also, for technology because, from Canton, Ohio, using my cell phone and email, I can contact and sign players now that will be a part of a winning T-Bones team in Kansas City this summer!
Seth Alberg, Sr. Director of Corporate Sales
The 4 Fs: Faith, Family, Friends and Frank (White).
Rylan D. Brody, Director of Operations
America, crab Rangoon, sandy beaches, mini burgers, peanut butter, the open road, cruise control, soft toilet paper, Kansas Lottery Scratcher tickets, air conditioning, DVR, HD TV, Rachel McAdams, plane flights without crying babies, 5 Hour Energy, Hootie when he is with the Blowfish, any George Strait song, Jim Rome, power naps and comfortable couches, zip ties and duct tape, power tools, Saturday night fireworks at CommunityAmerica Ballpark, Bill Self, KU basketball, Allen Fieldhouse, the Royals and the Chiefs. And, of course, curling up with any book by Matt Fulks.
Matt Fulks, Director of Media Relations
1. Christ. It seems blasé to list religion first, but spend a few minutes with someone like Kevin Seitzer or Paul Coffman and you’ll be reminded that leading off with this should never seem trite.
2. Family and friends. When you’re an extreme introvert, it’s nice to have a few people around you who can put up with your quirkiness.
3. Chappell’s Restaurant and Sports Museum. Wonderful food inside the Midwest’s best sports museum.
4. Pineapple and Canadian bacon. The person who first decided to try that odd combination on a pizza is a genius. Plain and simple.
5. People like Rylan D. Brody.
Ashley Goodrich, Director of Promotions
1. My enormous family which includes my friends and dog, Charlie.
2. My freedom.
3. My education and the ability to explore further academic opportunities.
4. Having a career in a field I love.
5. My church.
Brad Holt, Assistant Director of Group Sales
1. Family – they are always there for me and very supportive.
2. Friends – could not ask for a better group of friends.
3. NFL Redzone – why watch one game when you can watch all of them?
Crystal McQuain, Director of Ticket Sales
1. A job I love that keeps me close to my family.
2. The blessing to be planning my wedding.
3. A Chiefs team that is bringing a much happier football season!
Nathan Moore, Broadcaster
1. This year I'm thankful for my family and friends. No matter what the circumstances, we all know we can count on each other. My sister and brother-in-law moved back to Kansas City this year. They also blessed our family with a new niece.
2. Health. The last couple of years it seems as if myself or some of my family had been dealing with some serious health concerns. This holiday season my grandma, whom has fought several scares over the past two years will be staying with us for a few weeks this holiday season.
3. Opportunities. This year I was given the opportunity of a lifelong dream. Yeah I know it sounds cliche, but I was given the opportunity to broadcast for the Kansas City T-Bones. I went to Florida to broadcast minor-league baseball after college, but this was the job I always strived for. From the great front office, ownership and my partner Matt Fulks, I'm super excited for another outstanding year.
4. New beginnings. This past year I was fortunate enough to purchase my first home. I'm a big fisherman, and finally found the home where I can fish out my backdoor.
Jared Reid, Account Executive — Group Sales
3. Warm weather!
Kurt Sieker, Assistant GM/Director of Group Sales
2. My wife Jessica.
3. Lady bugs.
Ryan Stos, Sales Executive
1. I am thankful for my wife, Sami, and for her love and support each day.
2. I am thankful to be raised by my parents, Ron & Joan, who have been together for almost 32 years.
3. I am thankful to have a great network of friends, from high school to college and those throughout my travels in baseball.
4. I am thankful to have a roof over my head and to wake up every morning.
5. I am thankful for new T-Bones manager John Massarelli, and the soon-to-be championship for the T-Bones!
Sherrie Stover, Bookkeeper
Whatever you’re doing today and wherever you’re spending the holiday, we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!